Gluten-Free Home Visits and Restaurant Sessions
with Celiac Dietitian Melinda Dennis, MS, RDN
Home Kitchen Visits
Food shopping and safe eating can be a daunting challenge after a diagnosis of celiac disease or non-celiac gluten sensitivity. Join me in your own kitchen where you will learn how to avoid cross contamination and seek out commonly overlooked sources of gluten. Learn about the importance of balanced nutrition, fiber, vitamins, and calcium and other minerals when following a gluten-free diet.
- Target possible overlooked sources of gluten and cross-contamination in your kitchen
- Strategize fun, safe ways to dine out gluten-free (how to ask the right questions)
- Teach current label reading to expand your food choices
- Suggest gluten-free alternatives for foods you are currently eating
- Hear the latest on oats, wheat starch and other confusing foods
1 ½ hour session: $200. $100 per hour thereafter, if needed. Flexible scheduling. Longer distance travel fee may be applicable. Please contact me to discuss out-of- state visits. Contact me at MelindaRD@DeleteTheWheat.com for more information on scheduling and fees.
Live Restaurant Sessions
Join me in the restaurant of your choice to role play ways to stay safe as you dine gluten-free outside of the home.
With my help, you will practice:
- Speaking with the waiter, manager or chef
- Addressing your dietary needs
- Selecting the safest options and requesting substitutions
- Asking the right questions about ingredients and cross contamination in a commercial food establishment.
This session is perfect for those who want to understand the ins and outs of dining outside the home, including local and international travel, and gain more confidence.
Minimum session time = 1 ½ hours. $100/hour plus the cost of my meal. Flexible scheduling. Longer distance travel fee may be applicable. Please contact me to discuss out-of- state visits. Contact me at MelindaRD@DeleteTheWheat.com for more information on scheduling and fees.