April 1, 2017: 8 am - 4 pm,
Norwood, MA (about 20 minutes from boston)
The New England Celiac Organization is hosting their 2017 Celiac Symposium in collaboration with event partner the Harvard Medical School Celiac Research Program.
For patients, nutrition and nursing professionals, students, and interested individuals. 4.5 CEUs will be offered for registered dietitians (approval pending for 4.5 CEUs for nurses).
limited seating is available. see below for ticket information.
featured speakers include leading clinicians from the Harvard Medical School Celiac Research Program.
A gluten-free buffet breakfast and lunch will be included.
tentative list of speakers/topics for the 2017 Celiac Symposium:
- Alessio Fasano, MD: The Spectrum of Gluten-Related Disorders
- Kate Scarlata, RDN: GF Alphabet Soup: IBS, FODMAPs, SIBO
- Dan Leffler MD, MS: Focus on Future Research and Treatment
- Sara Ahmed, DMD – Celiac Disease and Dentistry
- Debbie Mitchell, MD – Endocrinology Matters in Celiac Disease
- Keynote: Patient Advocate Tami Goldsmith, introduced by Alessio Fasano, MD (No CEUs for RDs or RNs)
- Wendie Trubow, MD: Food and Mood: Good Intentions, Bad Outcomes
- Dascha Weir, MD: The Kids Speak
- Chef’s presentation: Oonagh Williams
- Three panels will be moderated by Ciaran Kelly, MD, Rupa Mukherjee, MD, Melinda Dennis, MS, RDN, Jocelyn Silvester, MD, PhD, and Alan Leichtner, MD.
Cost: $65.00 - $120.00:
Early bird discounted rates til 3/13/17.
To register: www.neceliac.org
Venue: Four Points by Sheraton
1125 Boston Providence Turnpike
Norwood, MA United States
If you’d like me to present at your next conference, clinical meeting, or support group event, please email me at MelindaRD@DeleteTheWheat.com.