Interviews, Webcasts and Articles
Contact me at: MelindaRD@DeleteTheWheat.com
- US News and World Report - Going Gluten-free? A Few Caveats for Kids || August 2017 || http://health.usnews.com/wellness/food/articles/2017-08-14/going-gluten-free-a-few-caveats-for-kids
- Kid's Time (Gluten-Free): Celiac Support Association || January 2015 || https://vimeo.com/134804540
- TV Episode: This Mom Needs Help (with the gluten-free diet and lifestyle) || June 2014 || https://vimeo.com/98171798
- LA Times - Going Gluten Free || May 2013 || http://www.latimes.com/health/la-he- gluten-free- 20130518,0,5338117.story
- Today's Dietitian - Fiber Boost || May 2013 || http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/050113p24.shtml
- NPR San Francisco- Going Gluten Free || December 2012 || http://www.kqed.org/a/forum/R201212071000
- National Foundation for Celiac Awareness Webinar on Gluten-Free Diet and Food Allergies || June 2012 || http://www.celiaccentral.org/webinars/archive/#YouCanEat
- State of the Union webinar on celiac disease & gluten sensitivity || May 2012 || Dr. Alessio Fasano, Dr. Stefano Guandalini and Melinda Dennis || National Foundation for Celiac Awareness || http://www.celiaccentral.org/webinars/archive/state-of- the-union- may-3- follow-up/
- Yes, You Can Eat! When Gluten Isn't the Only Ingredient You Avoid || June 20, 2012 || National Foundation for Celiac Awareness || http://www.beyondceliac.org/SiteData/docs/NFCAYesYou/048872283cba5598/NFCA_Yes,%20You%20Can%20Eat!%20When%20Gluten%20Is...he%20Only%20Ingredient%20You%20Avoid_6-20-12.mp4 (audio) || Scroll to 'Yes, You Can Eat!' for slides here: http://www.beyondceliac.org/webinars/archive/
- Boston.com feature || November 2011 || Gluten-Free Options Quietly Popping Up on North End Menus
- Celiac Radio, a health and fitness show for people with celiac disease and others following the gluten-free diet || July 2011 || Visit www.beanfit.com/radio to listen
- Your Health or Mine (TV) - A lighter look at celiac disease || May 2011 || http://www.youtube.com/celiacdietitian
- Interview on the Debbie Miller Show (North Carolina) || March 24, 2011 || (Scroll down to 3-24- 11 Harvard book and click)
- Radio Show – Topic: Everything You Always Wanted to Ask of Celiac Disease Specialists on the Topic of Gluten or Celiac Disease. Dr. Leffler and I were interviewed by radio show host, Tina Turbin, on gluten and celiac disease and shared exciting details about our book || http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thrive-in-balance/2010/09/01/summer-host-tina-turbin-interviews-drmelinda-denni
- Interview with Fox 25 Morning News || September 2010 || Please note: the correct website for our book is: www.reallifewithceliacdisease.com
- Celiac disease: Symptoms & treatment-video
- Not intolerant to special diets - May 2010
- Many restaurants are adding gluten-free options to menus || Boston Globe
- Retreats: Learning the Gluten-Free Diet Naturally -2010 || Dr. SCHAR Celiac Forum || Interview in Harvard Health Letter, June 2009 || Getting Out the Gluten || FoodNavigator-usa.com, June 2009 || Ancient grain blend to plug gluten-free nutrition gap
- Conagra Website || http://conagrafoodscompany.com/corporate/aboutus/innovationStory.jsp?id=2
- "Diet.com"; by Tricia Thompson, MS,RD, The Gluten-Free Dietitian
- Tips for Traveling Gluten Free
- "WCVB TV Boston"
- Celiac Disease: Tips on Eating Out
- Dining Out on the Gluten Free Diet || Boston Globe || Article One, Article Two
- Ability Magazine
- Gluten-Free Labeling: Are Growth Media Containing Wheat, Barley, and Rye Falling through the Cracks? Thompson T, Dennis M, Emerson L. J Acad Nutr Dietet. 2017. In Press; See also article summary on GlutenFreeWatchdog.com
- Celiac disease and the gluten-free diet: consequences and recommendations for improvement. Theethira TG, Dennis M. Dig Dis. 2015;33(2):175-82.
- Nutritional consequences of celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. Theethira TG, Dennis M, Leffler DA. Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2014 Feb;8(2):123-9
- Navigating the gluten-free diet in college. Panzer RM, Dennis M, Kelly CP, Weir D, Leichtner A, Leffler DA. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2012 Dec;55(6):740-4.
- Body mass index and the risk of obesity in coeliac disease treated with the gluten-free diet. Kabbani TA, Goldberg A, Kelly CP, Pallav K, Tariq S, Peer A, Hansen J, Dennis M, Leffler DA.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2012 Mar;35(6):723-9.
- A simple validated gluten-free diet adherence survey for adults with celiac disease. Leffler DA, Dennis M, Edwards George JB, Jamma S, Magge S, Cook EF, Schuppan D, Kelly CP. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009 May;7(5):530-6, 536.e1-2. Epub 2009 Jan 11.
- Psychological correlates of gluten-free diet adherence in adults with celiac disease. Edwards George JB, Leffler DA, Dennis MD, Franko DL, Blom-Hoffman J, Kelly CP. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2009. Apr;43(4):301-6.
- On the topic of celiac disease. Thompson T, Dennis M, Kupper C, Lee AR, Sandquist D, Sharrett MK. J. Am Diet Assoc. 2008 Sep;108(9):1434-5; author reply 1435.
- Factors that influence adherence to a gluten-free diet in adults with celiac disease. Leffler DA, Edwards-George J, Dennis M, Schuppan D, Cook F, Franko DL, Blom-Hoffman J, Kelly CP. Dig Dis Sci. 2008 Jun;53(6):1573-81.
- Etiologies and predictors of diagnosis in nonresponsive celiac disease. Leffler DA, Dennis M, et al. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2007.
- A prospective comparative study of five measures of gluten-free diet adherence in adults with coeliac disease. Leffler DA, Edwards George JB, Dennis M, Cook EF, Schuppan D, Kelly CP. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2007 Nov 1;26(9):1227-35.
- The interaction between eating disorders and celiac disease: an exploration of 10 cases. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2007 Mar;19(3):251-5. Dennis, M. Celiac Medical Experts in the United States. Practical Gastroenterology 2006:XXX(9):94.
- Celiac disease: epidemiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, and nutritional management. Schuppan D, Dennis M, Kelly CP. Nutrition in Clinical Care, 2005;8(2): 54-69.
- Gluten-free diet survey: are Americans with coeliac disease consuming recommended amounts of fibre, iron, calcium and grain foods? Thompson T, Dennis M, Higgins LA, Lee AR, Sharrett MK. Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics. 2005;18(3):163-169.
- Going gluten-free: a primer for clinicians. Dennis M, Case S. Practical Gastroenterology, 2004;28(4):86-102.
- Diagnosing and managing your allergies. Dennis M. in Soy Connection, supplement of Journal of theAmerican Dietetic Association, Spring 2003;11(2):4.
- Help clients hurdle gluten-free diet dilemmas. Today’s Dietitian. August 2005;7(8):28-3
Companies I've worked with:
2Good2B || Andean Dream || Attune || Bay State Milling || Beyond Celiac || Breads from Anna || Cabot Cheese || Celiac Support Association || Cohere Health Tech || Crunchmaster || Deanna's Gluten Free || Delight Gluten-Free || Dr. Doherty's Vitamins || DSW || Growing Naturals || Gluten Free and More || Hail Merry || Huron Consulting || Kettle Cuisine || Lovely Lady || Mary's Gone Crackers || MyGerbs || Namaste || Pioneer Nutritionals || Prep Dish || Schar || Tasterie || Transformation Enzymes || Udi's || Zing